Chocolate Cake (Egg-less)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- All purpose flour “ 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder 3 tablespoons
- Baking powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda ¾ teaspoon
- Sweetened Condensed milk 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter ¾ cup, melted and cooled
- Pure Vanilla extract 1½ teaspoons
- Water ¾ cup
For Ganache frosting
- Semi sweet chocolate 6 oz, roughly chopped
- Heavy whipping cream ½ cup
- Unsalted butter 1½ tablespoons
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree F or 180 degree C.
- Prepare 9 inch round cake pan. Spray it with cooking spray or lightly butter the pan.
- Sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Then add water, melted butter, vanilla extract and condensed milk. Mix well using whisk. If there are lumps don’t worry about it.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake pan. Tap the pan on the counter top to remove air bubbles.
- And bake into preheated oven for 30 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of cake will come out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Then using a knife loose the sides of the pan. And invert it into cooling rack from the pan and let it cool completely before frosting.
Make Ganache frosting
- Chop semi sweet chocolates and put into a heatproof bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream and butter in a sauce pan on medium heat. As soon as it comes to a boil. Turn off the stove
- And pour hot cream and butter mixture into chocolate.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes. After that it will look like this.
- Then stir very gently with a spoon. This is how it looks while stirring half way.
- Stir till it becomes shiny and everything is incorporated well.
- Put the cake with cooling rack on a baking dish as shown below. So any access drip from frosting will not be wasted.
- Now pour the chocolate ganache frosting on the cake
- And using back of spoon or butter knife.
- Spread it evenly.
- Let the ganache frosting set for 1-2 hours before cut the cake.