Prep Time 8 Hours + Overnight Cook Time 15 Mins Serves 4
Dosa is a traditional South Indian snack made of rice and lentils. And enjoyed with a special lentil chutney, just like it is or you can fill it with a mixture of choice.
- Rice 300 gm
- Split black lentils 100 gm
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice and lentils separately for about eight hours.
- Grind the rice a little coarsely.
- Grind the lentils to a smooth, fine consistency.
- Leave to ferment overnight, adding salt to taste.
- Next morning, add enough water to achieve pouring consistency.
- Rub a griddle with the slice of an onion so that dosa do not stick to it.
- Smear a little oil.
- Then pour a little batter on to the griddle.
- Spread it thinly. Then cook lightly on both sides.
- Roll and remove.
- Serve hot with chutneys. (you can also fill it with a desired mixture)