Methi Naan (Sweet Flat Bread)
Prep Time 1 hour+Rising timings Cook Time 10 minutes Serves 4-5
Naan or flat bread found is only found on tandoor (a clay oven), But now Chef Mehboob’s authentic recipe provides step to step method of oven naan, even the people who dont have oven at home can make naan also in pan easily and can enjoy hygenic sweet flavored naan.
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Yeast 1 tbsp
- Egg 1
- Flour 3 cups
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Qasoori methi
- Water 1 cup
- Heat 1 jug water in a large pan just warm water, dont give boil.
- In a bowl put yeast and sugar add 1 cup water mix well.
- Now put this bowl on surface of luke warm water until it seems heated.
- Remove from water and keep aside for 10-15 minutes till yeast rise well.
- In a large bowl put flour, salt, egg, oil, qasoori methi mix well also add dissolved yeast.
- Knead soft medium dough cover with wet muslin cloth and put aside for about 20-25 minutes until rise well.
- Preheat oven at mark 200 degree.
- Roll out and make small balls.
- Roll in balls and put on baking tray and give texture with fingers.
- Now soak your hands by tap water and wipe the surface of naan.
- Put in oven to bake for about 10 minutes.
- For Pan/Stove Naan: Take a pan with lid heat pan on stove.
- Roll in naan and put on the pan after giving texture little take water in hands.
- Sprinkle water on naan and cover with lid.
- Flame should be high for the very first 5 minutes then turn at slow flame.
- Naan will take about 15-20 minutes to cook well.
- Ready to serve hot with curry, daal, tikka etc.